We have helped Dior create the first VR headset that include 3D sound
Could you both generate traffic on Dior corner shop and have some good PR around innovations ?
The best option for us was VR and a custom card board sounded like the best option. But as it was Dior we had to push it further they wanted a glowing Dior logo, we wanted to had 3D sound to the experience and we had only 4 month to ship 12 headset around the world.
HOW WE DID IT
This project was perfect for a Labs process how we do it usualy, we had 4 main problematics:
- Power management
- Logo Back ligthning
- Lens and image quality
- 3D printing material quality and surface finish
Each one could have an impact on each other. This lead us to solve them in paralel in a iterative way.
After the R&D process you endup with a working prototype that feet all the requirements, but as usual your are a bit late on the planning, that were the rush start… and you know you are in trouble when your desk looks like this, it’s a bit like having code not well organized.
Poulp mounting one headset
After nigth and and day of final rush we are ready to ship
LE MAJESTIC CANNES THE DIOR SUITE
The first deployment of the Dior Eyes headset take place in Cannes during the film festival at Le Majestic Hotel in the Dior suite. Immediately people where amased and passionate by the experience and they were queing to try it… After this success the 12 headset were ready to roll and were deployed all around the world.
- Creative Technologist: Julien Terraz, Stephane Allary, Nicolas Petremann
- Project management: Alexandre Suriano, Arnauld Wechsler
- Motion: Louis Blaise, Olivier Dubocage, David Sultan et Javier Sacristan Rodriguez
- Creative direction : Julien Terraz, Jey Ziegelmeyer,
- Crea: Joane Antien, Nicolas Saint Paul
- Software : Peder Sandqvist, Martin Krafft from DigitasLBi Sweden
- Couture: Rouge Satin